2020 is synonymous with shutdowns and lockdowns, however, supermarkets that have stocked/delivered essentials were allowed to stay open for a specific interval. Although the lockdown has been eased people remain anxious. The world is slowly adapting to the “new” normal. Restaurants and cafes are open and in many cases up to capacity, most offices have resumed services albeit, even public travel services have resumed.
Is this because the pandemic is over? Or has the vaccine been found and distributed? Or has the disease been eradicated? Not yet, it is, however, the people who are treading carefully, well aware of the safety precautions that they have been accustomed to in the last few months. While there’s nothing better than a clientele that shows compliance with safety regulations, unfortunately, there is no way to get 100% protection from COVID-19 in a public place.
We, at Housejoy, are fully committed to doing everything we can to curb the spread of this virus. We have enumerated 5 types of public spaces and have classified them through 3 parameters and how this could help people take the necessary precautions.
- Risk Percentage: This includes the risk of transmission through surfaces, the atmosphere, and human contact. This also includes the carrier traffic and carrier stagnation of these specific places.
- Carrier Traffic: This is defined by the average number of people aka potential carriers that pass through these public spaces.
- Carrier Stagnation: This is determined by the average number of people that travel to these locations and spend upwards of 6 hours in that same location.If these precautions are religiously followed then the spread of the virus can be drastically slowed down. At Housejoy, from a Home Cleaning Service to a Budget Fumigation Service we ensure safe, risk-free services are brought right to your doorstep.
|Location||Carrier Traffic||Carrier Stagnation||Risk Percentage||Measures Required|
|Offices and Co-working Spaces||Medium||Very High||High||
|Housing Complexes and Apartments||Medium||High||Medium||
|Warehouses and Storage Units||Low||Extremely High||Medium||
|Shopping Complexes and Malls||Extremely High||Very High||Extremely High||
|Schools and Colleges||Very High||Extremely High||Extremely High||
|Salons, Massage Centres, Gyms and Therapy Clinics||High||Medium||Medium||
We are doing our part by enforcing these guidelines and ensuring compliance from all our service providers and employees. Here is our list of safety measures:
- We have mandated our service providers to use masks, gloves & sanitizers while rendering services.
- We ensure that our service providers undergo daily temperature checks and regular health checkups.
- Our service providers are verified and trained on WHO recommended safety and hygiene protocols. They adhere to government-issued safety guidelines while rendering services.
- We pay extra attention to sanitizing high-contact surfaces
- Single-use products are used whenever necessary to ensure hygiene, the same is disposed of properly post the service.
- The products that we use are certified and deemed safe for humans and pets
- Aerial disinfestation will be carried out with apt solutions as and when required.
- Our service providers adhere to social distancing protocols and ensure zero contact services
- Sterilization of all equipment in use is done by our service providers before every service and disinfected post the service.
Until a vaccine is found or distributed, the new normal is here to stay. It will take the combined effort of every one of us to stall the spread of the virus, no matter how large the business is, every possible precaution they can to ensure customer and staff safety.